Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 2- MTC



Well this week went a lot faster and was a lot better. I'm still hungry in class but haven't fought anyone about being hungry so thats good. I have figured out all the ropes of the MTC.  I'm emailing early because we are doing laundry right now and 6:30 is the only time that the washers are really open. I still havent seen anyone here that I know from home but that is okay because i have made so many new friends.

 I met this kid from Lehi Utah who has D1 offers to play basketball and so me and him played one on one like7 times. It was so competitive and so many people were watching we actually got kicked out of the gym. I'm suspended from gym until tomorrow but that okay because I can still play sand volleyball­čśü But for the record I won the "series" 4-2! My roommates have become my new best friends and literally we never get to bed on time anymore because we just laugh all night. We also sing so loud in the shower that other elders will yell at us because we are annoying.

Me and my companion get along great. We have connected really good. I'm not sick of being by him 24/7 which is good I don't think i will have any problem getting used to a companion. Quenton L Cook came and spoke to us last Thursday and he had some awesome pointers for missionaries to always do good and not to procrastinate because we are on the Lords Time not ours. 

We also had the brand new 70 member speak in our class alone to just us 11 missionaries. Elder Cordoba i think is his name. Waking up and trying to sleep are easy now. I don't have any problems with that. My two teachers Sister Nielson and Sister Kiel are both 24 year old returned girl missionaries. We have Sister Nielson in the morning and Sister Kiel who teaches us in the evening class.  

My whole district says that i could leave for the mission field now. They all ask me questions about what i should do for their investigators and i really feel like i understand feeling the needs for investigators and how to teach according to their needs. The teacher always has me role play with her as her being the investigator and me being a missionary and she says that the questions i ask are just amazing at that the investigator almost learns the lessons through me asking questions. 

Miss everyone and hope everyone is doing well. 

Elder Nelson









No comments:

Post a Comment