Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Transfer week!!





This week was crazy! Last Monday the 5th Elder Henderson and I wanted to spend as much time playing basketball and having fun together as possible because transfers were coming up and we didn't know who was leaving. We only got to mess around for like 2 hours. The rest of the time we were running errands or doing chores. 

Elder Jenkins went home on Thursday and so he actually made us all lunch before he left! It helped us have some fun together before Elder Jenkins left. He was losing his mind the day before he went home! I hope that doesn’t happen to me when I go home!  He gave me a tie that says "Dab on 'em and Stay Complete" I have this habit of dabbing now - its off the chain! 

We were at a recent converts house and the recent converts mom was telling us about how hard it was to have her husband being inactive in the church.  She got in her face and told us that if we ever left our families that she would kill us. She said that it's been the hardest thing she's ever had to go through in her life. I made a promise to myself that I would never leave the church, that I would always be a worthy priesthood holder for my family, and my wife deserves a loving father/husband.

A family took us out to Chevys and of course I pigged out and loved all the food. That place just gets better and better every time we go. You guys are missing out, sucks that you have to be in Idaho where it is snowing. That day we also setup Kekoas baptism! 

We had Elder Esotton with us for the weekend because Elder Jenkins went home.  Trying to run around and two wards is mayhem. It was fun to be able to see some of the zone leaders investigators.  while we're outside of the bishops’ house Santa Claus came by on the fire truck and I flipped out! I ran up to the fire truck I took a video. I was bummed I didn't sit on his lap. It's been a good week. 

Kekoas baptism was awesome! The whole time he expressed how happy he was and how he was excited to be able to follow Jesus Christ. The service was awesome the spirit was very strong and many people said that it was the best baptism they ever went to. After the baptism on Sunday, I was able to confirm Kekoa a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. It was the most spiritual experience I've had on my mission! And it was sick! That gave me new determination as a missionary to do my best.

Transfer calls finally came in and Elder Henderson got transferred to East Sac. I am staying in Natomas 1st area. I am the senior companion.

My new companion is Elder Ravsten. He is from Farmingville, Texas he came from Hurley ward. So far so good. We went out together for the first time yesterday and we met a referral and we invited her to be baptized on the first lesson and she excepted her date of January 14. It was sick! Baptisms are flowing like crazy now.


We have a baptism next Saturday and we have a baptism on the 29th. I'm excited to be able to be a part of the missionary work in this area. We have been working really hard to get our members out. It's because of the members coming out with us that we have been successful. 


Love you and miss you 
Elder Nelly🏀







No comments:

Post a Comment