Tuesday, March 28, 2017

More rain, wing challenge and a wedding!




Last P-Day was the most fun P-Day on the mission! We grabbed our groceries and Elder Kahle wanted to go to Best Buy to find a new iPad case. Well iPad mini 2 are way out of "style" so they had no cases. We got so lost in that store! I was feeling so Amish because everything just looked so foreign. That’s when we took a picture with all the Beats headphones on last week! We found the exit after getting lost in Best Buy and we went adventuring around down by the American River. We probably hiked about 5 miles! It was far but it was super fun! I won the rock skipping competition so that was cool, I skipped the rock 9 times. We found lots of old tree houses that were in these massive trees. We climbed up one and it felt like it was going to fall apart so we stopped at 1. There were maybe 3 tree houses there though. Of course, we played some basketball and emailed home! 

Tuesday, we did Service at the Fair Oaks park. I felt like I was in Idaho again because the weather was crazy. One second it was warm and sunny and then out of nowhere it started pouring rain! All of Tuesday we went to members’ homes and asked for referrals/service opportunities. It has been a little bit of a struggle to find new investigators who are truly interested. Elder Kahle is from Arizona and one of his members from down there was in Fair Oaks for business and took us to Pink Berry ice cream! He was super funny and asked some hilarious Mission questions! We had Correlation Meeting with our Ward Mission Leader and talked for about 2 hour on how we can explode the missionary work in the Del Campo Ward! We got some good ideas so hopefully we can make things happen! 

Wednesday, it was pouring outside! We honestly didn't dare go outside. We setup appointments and made phone calls instead of biking around and no one being outside to talk to. We had interviews with President too! I always love being able to President! Nothing to serious came up when we talked. He asked a lot about my District and how I like being District Leader! It’s been a blast what can I say! We also got to see the Easter Initiative video. It was a good video but I can’t give spoilers. I gave a training with Sister Jardine while everyone else was being interviewed. We ate dinner with the coolest family ever Wednesday. They actually took time to get to actually know us and it just seemed liked they really cared! The spirit was strong in that dinner to I think that’s why it was so good! I was happy and amped out of my mind after that dinner! 

Thursday I gave another wonderful district meeting I guess! The APs were on exchanges with Zone Leaders. It just so happened that Elder Henderson was on exchanges with them! Heck yeah it was my mission Dad! Literally my favorite missionary was at my District meeting! It made me so happy! I don't know if I have already shared this but 11/14 missionaries in my zone go home in 3 months! Literally everything anyone talks about is college and marriage! Geez! They make it so hard to stay focused! The mission will lose 1/3 of the missionaries this summer! That’s about 50 missionaries leaving the next 3 months! Elder Kahle, the Zone Leaders and I did a blitz in the Sisters area and we found some good people for them to teach! 

Friday, we started the morning off planning for our week. We made some pretty bomb plans to help the ward and hopefully get them more involved in missionary work. We also got our apartment inspected by the Senior Missionaries. This apartment hasn’t been inspected for 8 months but we still passed!! We are staying clean! My momma would be proud! That night we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with the Zone Leaders and did the Blazin Challenge. It was a horrible idea- it was super-hot! March Madness was cool though! We talked to the waitress at Buffalo and she said there was a ton of talk going around about Lonzo Ball and his dad talking smack! I remember playing Lonzo Ball at a Vegas Tournament! I thought it was crazy that he was in the March Tournament. I hope I will be able to play ball in 18 months. 

Saturday, we felt inspired to go and see the Recent Converts in the Ward. We pulled up to the house and none of the cars were there but we knocked the door anyways. Haley was home by herself and said that she wanted to have a lesson super bad! We had a lesson about trying to recognize the spirit and it was a miracle because that is exactly what she wanted to hear about! After the lesson, we were able to go to our investigators Wedding, Karl and Leah. It was fun to go to their wedding but it scared me and I no longer want to get married for another 400 years! I’m not ready for that! Saturday night we had to change our names on Facebook and tons of missionaries were freaking out! Apparently Salt Lake told us to change the names! I think something big it going to go down at General Conference. 

Sunday was good.  We went to church and all of Karl's family came! We had like 15 nonmembers at church it was crazy. Gospel Principles class was packed but it was so cool to see everyone there! At dinner, the husband is a Mechanical Engineer and it was sweet to talk to him and get some pointers! 



We got pulled over on our bikes because we ran a yellow light on our bikes! It was a huge intersection and bikes are too slow to make it all the way through like a car! The cop pulled us over and luckily, he was a member so we didn't get a ticket but he told us to just be careful because people are crazy drivers! I also was headed to an appointment and a squirrel ran out in front of my bike and I ran it over and killed it! Oops! We got pretty wet in all the rain this week! 


Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment