Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Minor Bike Crash but another good week!

Last P-Day was sweet! We got all our chores and shopping done for the day and went biking! I wasn't looking forward to biking because that's what we do all week but it was super fun. We went along some trials out by Lake Natoma and Nimbus Dam. Our whole zone came out and we looked like a biker group.  It was funny! The Elders did this super hard trail up and down some crazy steep hills. The trail was maybe 6inches wide and was super hard to see because the grass next to it was about 2 feet tall. When I was biking, there was a fallen tree in the path which made a huge hole in the ground and I didn't see it! The hole devoured my front tire and I did a complete front flip over my handlebars! It was hilarious. Luckily, I had my backpack on so I didn't get hurt too bad. My back looked like a Tiger shredded it. My legs were pretty sore for the next couple of days! We were able to snag a young man from our dinner appointment and brought him out to a lesson with us. The lesson was awesome and our member didn't say much but a difference was definitely felt! It was an awesome lesson and they agreed to read the Book of Mormon.

Tuesday, we did service spreading mulch like always! The whole time at Phoenix park the missionaries were talking about their plans when they go home in 1 more transfer. I did super good not to listen to their trunkiness and just worked hard. The Novak Family offered to feed us lunch and give me another treatment for my foot! I have to say these treatments are working! My legs are a lot stronger and I feel a difference in my energy level in my legs while biking. We got a referral from Salt Lake about another investigator. I honestly wish that one of these referrals would actually be interested. Most of these people hate us coming to their house and claim they want nothing to do with us. I will just have to take Elder Rasband's advice and stick my foot in the doors and demand for them to find or know someone who is interested. We ate dinner at at a home and they had a lot of extended family there. Most of the extended family is from Meridian. It was all girls and they all go to Centennial High. Small world! Pretty cool to see Pocatello is getting a temple now! I think a cool goal for me and my future wife would be to get a map and take a picture of as many temples as possible around the world and put it in the map. 

Wednesday, we tried to do some Family History and I couldn't quite figure out how to do it! I read some stories and looked as far back as some trees would let me! Our family is so crazy with adoptions and different birth parents that someone is going to be so confused when they look at our family tree! At Lunch, Elder Kahle switched his back tire and front tires because of the difference in wear on the tires. Well we forgot the bike pump in the Zone Leaders car from the biking trip on Monday. So, while the Zone Leaders were on their way to our apartment to give us a pump we decided to switch his bike pedals because he had better metals pedals. I got the first pedals off but the second one was super hard. Long story short I was turning the wrong way to take the pedal off and ended up breaking the wrench! How is that possible I have no idea! I guess I'm just that strong. Well the Zone Leaders showed up we pumped up the tires but Elder Kahle still couldn't ride his bike because he had only one pedal! Oh, geez being missionaries is so embarrassing sometimes! We are just so stupid! Well now the Zone Leaders had to get us a ride to the mission office so we could get a new wrench. Because of me turning the pedal the wrong way it was super hard to get it off but nothing that WD40 couldn't fix right. Even with a lot of WD40 we could not get that pedal off so Elder Kahle just put the old pedal back on. He had one new pedal and one old pedal. Finally, the bikes were fixed! When we left our apartment to finally proselyte luckily, we didn't get far before he realized that he sprayed WD40 on his disc brakes and his brakes didn't work! Oh, man we cleaned the brakes and finally his bike was functional! I love being a missionary! Truly I do! We just laugh at how dumb we are and preach the gospel! As weird as it sounds nothing is as fun as that! 

Thursday I have District Meeting. Again, the Assistants to the President were on exchanges so I had the El Dorado Zone Leaders at my District Meeting as well. I have no complaints just ever Zone Leaders said they had heard wonderful things about me and according to them my District Meeting just proves all the "hype." Whatever that means. After the meeting, we helped our Recent Converts in the ward move some furniture in their house and gave a lesson on the answer to prayers. How we have to ponder the matter in our mind, study the scriptures and then ask for an answer and the Lord will give it to us! I’m going to skip to dinner because our investigator preparing for baptism came to the dinner and basically shared his conversion story. It was super cool! We packed our bags and went to the Zone Leaders apartment for exchanges. We stayed up until like 1 just being teenagers! Playing door basketball and sharing deep doctrine that we think we understand. 

Friday, I was with Elder Hafen in the Carmichael Ward. He is headed home super soon! It’s funny just to hear all his plans about going home. It was a pretty slow day but we were able to find a new investigator. She was an upstairs neighbor to one of their members and she recently has been trying to learn more about Jesus Christ. It’s perfect with what we do as missionaries! We rocked out to James the Mormon in the car I would have made another car video but I didn't know the words to sing along with it! I learned a lot of the exchange though it was cool and fun!

Saturday, we watched General Conference all day. Literally all day we didn't do anything. I think this was the first time my whole life that I sat through a whole Saturday of conference without leaving or sleeping! It was actually spiritually uplifting...imagine that! In between sessions we ate food and then drove back to the church building, we basically lived there. Return and Receive given by Elder Ballard was my favorite talk of that whole day.


Elder Nelson

video

No comments:

Post a Comment